Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Mobile App/Site Config

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2021, 09:26 AM

Mobile App/Site Config

Just curious as to whether the Classic Olds site has thought about creating an associated mobile app to access forums (similar to VMF app)? I'm not overly familiar with the cost associated with this process, might be too much to take on, but I know I do most of my forum searching while working on my car from my phone and having to pull up a browser and navigate the the classicolds site and then navigate a browser via the mobile phone. I also browse the V8Buick site (as i have a Buick in addition to my Olds) and one unique feature which I think would benefit the classic olds site and the its users is the "New Posts" side bar on the right of the page. Right now it' just blank white space so why not throw some content in there which indicates to users the threads that have the most recent posts. This might drive traffic to other forums beside the General which seems to be the most navigated.

Again, these are all just suggestions, great site overall, really enjoy the amount of knowledge the user base has and their willingness to share/assist new/younger users.

***Update, disregard half this post, I located the "New Post" tab, just took me actually staying on the homepage for more than 1 second and not clicking around to various forums***

Last edited by NoVA_69_442; June 30th, 2021 at 03:21 AM.
Old June 29th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Administrator

I prefer using the classic view on my mobile.