Console Ideas

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2022, 10:10 AM

Console Ideas

I have a cheap plastic drink holder console in my OCC.
It's faded , partially cracked and it needs to be replaced.
I found this console at Classic Consoles, comes in a long and short version and a multitude of colors.
https://classicconsoles.com/product/...loor-consoles/

Anyone using one of these by chance? The long or the short?
Any other consoles that fit on the hump that anyone is using that give the perception of a quality piece?
Thanks in advance for any input!
Mike
Old February 17th, 2022, 12:39 PM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

what's it going in and do you have a bench or buckets now?

I have a column shift auto - swapped factory buckets in place of my original bench and then installed a factory Cutlass console with a custom repro top plate (fully solid plate with no shifter opening) from one of the Olds repro vendors - so it looks completely factory even without the floor shifter and it's permanently installed in the same manner it would have been if the car had come with it.
Old February 17th, 2022, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 70sgeek
what's it going in and do you have a bench or buckets now?

I have a column shift auto - swapped factory buckets in place of my original bench and then installed a factory Cutlass console with a custom repro top plate (fully solid plate with no shifter opening) from one of the Olds repro vendors - so it looks completely factory even without the floor shifter and it's permanently installed in the same manner it would have been if the car had come with it.
It's a 1992 Olds Custom Cruiser (OCC).
Has a bench which I like, the 60/40 are like LaZBoy chairs!
Just want to add a mini console on this one.

Old February 18th, 2022, 05:28 AM

Thanks for the link!

That looks pretty darn good compared to the $10 Amazon plastic garbage I’ve been trying to make work in a ‘77 VC. I gave up on those and went back to the old school cup holders that hang in the window channel.
I’ll have to measure my seat height and the dash height as the truck console looks appealing also at https://classicconsoles.com/product/...floor-console/

Some hidden USB and/or Aux connection would be awesome. I do still love that my “passenger entertainment system” is an Oldsmobile clock that doesn’t move.
Old February 18th, 2022, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by liquify33
That looks pretty darn good compared to the $10 Amazon plastic garbage I’ve been trying to make work in a ‘77 VC. I gave up on those and went back to the old school cup holders that hang in the window channel.
I’ll have to measure my seat height and the dash height as the truck console looks appealing also at https://classicconsoles.com/product/...floor-console/

Some hidden USB and/or Aux connection would be awesome. I do still love that my “passenger entertainment system” is an Oldsmobile clock that doesn’t move.
Yea, I think we both have the $10 plastic garbage!
Not sure that truck version will fit your application, certainly won't fit in mine.
They have one that sits on the seat too, with a pair of cup holders at the end.
The short one in the link I provided I'm sure will fit. I think the longer one will fit too, just not as sure...
Once upon a time I had a race car Custom Cruiser, search for my name here, you will find pics of it.
Never had a VC but I've always enjoyed my wagons!
Old February 18th, 2022, 11:00 AM

This is my Vista! There once were many like it But this one is mine! I had to riff on Full Metal Jacket there. I love wagons, oddvall vehicles and colorful socks. Many previous owners have done some odd things to this car but whomever added the sidepipes is my hero.
Old February 18th, 2022, 11:45 AM

Will share "The Fridge" with you, I sold it in 2020... Ran a best of 11.70 @ 112 mph in the 1/4 mile at Norwalk Raceway.

Old March 8th, 2022, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by oldsmike1972
Will share "The Fridge" with you, I sold it in 2020... Ran a best of 11.70 @ 112 mph in the 1/4 mile at Norwalk Raceway.

I’ve seen the video posted here of that car! How awesome