1967 Front/Rear Glass Clips and Studs

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2022, 02:05 PM

1967 Front/Rear Glass Clips and Studs

Back to the experts -- checked under body and paint and got a few pointers, some of which raised additional questions!

I got clips for windshield from one of the muscle car/Oldsmobile restoration suppliers and now I'm wondering. They all looked like clip on left in the photo; nothing light the ones on right. Do I need to try again?

The studs for these clips are missing/rusted away in a number of places. Does it really matter the exact spot they go, or just space somewhat equally around the glass, like this:

Finally, about how far into the rear channel are the studs placed? Looks like 7/8-1 inch.

Thanks guys. All this may not matter much, but I wanted to get some insight from the experts.

Old February 2nd, 2022, 06:59 AM

Yes my car has the ones on the left, not sure what car used the ones on the right. Helped my son restore his Chevelle, and we made a template off the old ones location, but if you are off a little, no big deal, We used the screw in studs, worked great.
Old February 2nd, 2022, 07:29 AM

Both of those look wrong to me. 3 types are used on a 67, the front sides have a clip thats mounted with a screw, other fronts slide onto the nail headed pins and the rears slide on like the front ones but are pretty high/tall compared to the front ones
Old February 2nd, 2022, 07:36 AM

Thanks for input. I could see that the exact location of clips must not matter too much based on the measurements in the drawing I included. Probably just one example as noted on the side -- and caveat that there are car-to-car variations!

Three types sounds right, but none even close to the one on the right in the photo, right?
Old February 2nd, 2022, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by mwbailey
Thanks for input. I could see that the exact location of clips must not matter too much based on the measurements in the drawing I included. Probably just one example as noted on the side -- and caveat that there are car-to-car variations!

Three types sounds right, but none even close to the one on the right in the photo, right?
Here are some pictures

the one set you picture could be correct. the little side tabs I am not used to.