Care and Appearance Washing, waxing, paint care products, etc.

Waterless Car wash ?????

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2020, 11:41 PM

Waterless Car wash ?????

Hey guys ,
Returning once again to the fountain of knowledge !! (you guys) I have always hand washed my vehicles the old fashioned way sponge, bucket,towels, it may be different this time as this 56 Super 88 has way more bright work than I am used to and while I live in Arizona where rust is not a problem water spotting is, our water is extremely hard and unless you get up at dawn (this time of the year in Az. it's walking on the sun hot !!) to wash the water is already starting to spot before you hit the next panel, I thought once about a deionized car wash system but their pricey, so back to the bright work, there are way more places for water to hide and I do not want to encourage problems so I understand a lot of folks use waterless car wash at least if the soil level is light. The product I was considering was Adams CS3 waterless car wash. also do you believe there is a difference between quick detailers and waterless car wash ? I use quick detailers on my black Grand Cherokee but not as a touch up, I just use it after washings between waxings to buy a little time. so once again any opinions, tips suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Old June 28th, 2020, 03:40 AM

I bought my "Waterless Car Wash" from Griot's and I like it. It has like a coconut smell to it and cleans very well. Just make sure you have SOME microfiber towels handy. After the wash, I use Mothers spray wax and then I'm done.
Old June 28th, 2020, 07:25 AM

I often use the two bit car wash and rinse with their spotless rinse, then towel dry and finish up with detail quick wax. I do the bright work just like the rest of the car. The quality of the job is determined by my ambition at the time...... Tedd
Old June 28th, 2020, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by solly
I live in Arizona where rust is not a problem water spotting is, our water is extremely hard
I presume you don't have a water softener at your house? We have very hard water here in southern NM as well. We have a whole-house water softener (lots of good reasons to do that besides car washing), and while the outside faucets are not on the soft water system, I have a utility sink in the garage with a hose fitting on the spout that IS connected to the soft water system, and I wash my cars with the hose connected to that rather than to the outside faucet.
Old June 28th, 2020, 08:11 AM

These products have been on the market for many, many years. I remember seing a demo at a swap meet back in the 80's. They warned about heavy dirt but otherwise their product did a fantastic job.
Old June 28th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Administrator

I find if its just dusty, I use my California duster and then go over the car with Malco mist it.
Old June 28th, 2020, 10:28 AM

I was my car with "traditional" soap and water twice a year. In the Spring to get all the dust and dirt off that has settled on the paint during winter storage & projects, and after the Hot Rod Power Tour. Other than that, I use the water-less quick detail and spray wax. I like my car to be clean, but hate washing it. Good thing I like white cars and the quick detail spray does a great job.

Tip: Do not use fabric softener when washing towels used to wash/detail your car.
Old June 28th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Nick
I Good thing I like white cars and the quick detail spray does a great job.
^^^x2...I've had my '72 Cameo White Supreme and have yet to wash it. I keep it covered and it never sees rain. I just hit it with Griot's detail spray when it starts to show a little dirt and call it a day. Plus, I recently clay barred and waxed it, and that made a huge difference.
Old June 29th, 2020, 04:09 PM

I use DriWash ‘N Guard with the pump aerosol. Happy with the results. Like 72455 my car is Cameo White and hasn’t seen any kind of water since I bought it 6 years ago.
Old June 29th, 2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Nick
I was my car with "traditional" soap and water twice a year. In the Spring to get all the dust and dirt off that has settled on the paint during winter storage & projects, and after the Hot Rod Power Tour. Other than that, I use the water-less quick detail and spray wax. I like my car to be clean, but hate washing it. Good thing I like white cars and the quick detail spray does a great job.

Tip: Do not use fabric softener when washing towels used to wash/detail your car.
Check this guy out...

Old July 3rd, 2020, 04:59 PM

well I went big and popped for a synthetic clay bar, ceramic detailer and Groits garage 3 in one ceramic sealer I was disappointed !! I followed all instructions to a Tee and saw
no improvement so this tells me that the paint was probably in pretty good cond. to begin with, the Groits garage 3-in-1 left horrible streaks in the Tropic /green portion of the olds !! so I went back to my old stand by, Turtle wax Ice, I used the Ice detailer spray to get the streaks off , and then applied a coat of Turtle wax Ice to the car, looked great I have been using that Turtle wax Ice since they introduced it with good results,
Im not giving up on the Groit product my wife has a 2008 Pontiac Torrent (white) that may benefit from this treatment. sorry noticed its a old thread but to late now

Last edited by solly; July 3rd, 2020 at 05:00 PM. Reason: info