The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Houston crew! Niftee fifties tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Houston crew! Niftee fifties tonight!!!

Calling all of the Houston crew! Joesw31 and I are going to meet up at the Niftee Fifties car show in Spring at 5-10pm TONIGHT! If you can make it we'd love to see you there!

Our “Saturday Night Cruise” events are located at:
Stables Town Center - Kroger’s
8745 Spring Cypress Rd at Champion Forest Dr. in Spring, TX.

http://niftee50ees.com/contact.html
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey guys!!! (this is special for oldcutlass in Granbury..)

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR CAMERA!!
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Hey I'd love to come but I get off at 5 and you guys are like 5-6 hours away!

I do want to thank Allan for the reminder, as I have a really serious, almost terminal, case of CRS (Cant remember stuff)!
Old July 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Luckily, you're the only one down there I feel obligated to remind When I know something is up of course.

Steve?? You and I gotta tag team this thing so all the TX crew get to some of these events ok??
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM

I wish I had some notice.... I would have loved to meet up with you guys tonight.. If you guys go next Saturday, I'm there.
Joey
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hey guys!!! (this is special for oldcutlass in Granbury..)

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR CAMERA!!
Brought it...pictures to follow

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Hey I'd love to come but I get off at 5 and you guys are like 5-6 hours away!

I do want to thank Allan for the reminder, as I have a really serious, almost terminal, case of CRS (Cant remember stuff)!
We should all get together in November and enter our cars to the Houston Autorama at George R. Brown Convention Center. It's a huge show, but it's over Thanksgiving weekend...I'm doing it this year, Joesw31 twisted my arm

Luckily, you're the only one down there I feel obligated to remind When I know something is up of course.

Steve?? You and I gotta tag team this thing so all the TX crew get to some of these events ok??
I'm gonna keep posting them up, hopefully we'll all get together some day. This was short notice because my dad is in town and being 66 years old he's not as willing to deal with the heat. I didn't wanna post it up until I knew for sure we were going.

Originally Posted by classicjoe
I wish I had some notice.... I would have loved to meet up with you guys tonight.. If you guys go next Saturday, I'm there.
Joey
As hot as it's been...I think we're gonna wait a few weeks a month or longer lol! J/k! I'll definitely post it up again for the next trip. We were there last weekend as well and driving from Kingwood to Spring at 5:30pm w/ out A/C is something I only want to do on occasion...2 weeks in a row was a bit much.
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM

I took pictures of some of the cars, this is just a Saturday night drive in mind you...and tonight was a slow night. My dad still counted 150 cars, on a slow night

Joesw31 Yellow "Taxi":

My car:

Other Oldsmobiles at the show:

Ok, that's all! Thanks for watching!
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:37 PM

J/k...the rest are pictures of cars I thought were done well and some of the odd ball pictures are of cars my dad had memories of, in, or owning.

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM

The rest of the pictures...stupid 20 picture limit lol!

Old July 29th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Love the hemi powered 65! Great pic's! How'd your dad like the show?
Old July 29th, 2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
As hot as it's been...I think we're gonna wait a few weeks a month or longer lol! J/k! I'll definitely post it up again for the next trip. We were there last weekend as well and driving from Kingwood to Spring at 5:30pm w/ out A/C is something I only want to do on occasion...2 weeks in a row was a bit much.
Man, you have got to get some A/C in there 100 degree temp is No joke.. Its not much of a drive for me because I live in Spring maybe 20 minutes away, tops... 150 cars is a decent turnout however, I've counted over 300 cars one time I went.. Even though Houston is a big city, I'll catch up with you and Joe sooner or later.
-Joey-
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Some very cool cars in those pics. Thanks Steve. Really hard to say which of the non olds I like better - they all had a lot of work put into them.
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by joesw31
Steve, thanks for bringing the camara, taking pictures they are great, and posting them. Also, had a great time with you and your family.

However, I have to agree with you it was very hot to drive a car with no a/c.
No problem Joe! I had fun! One of these days I'll come alone and I can just sit in a chair and talk cars...it seems like every time I come I'm running around trying to entertain guests lol!

Dad loved your car by the way...he'd never seen a W-31.

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Love the hemi powered 65! Great pic's! How'd your dad like the show?
He loved it! He told me a story about my uncle owning a 65 so I thought I'd take a picture of it

Originally Posted by classicjoe
Man, you have got to get some A/C in there 100 degree temp is No joke.. Its not much of a drive for me because I live in Spring maybe 20 minutes away, tops... 150 cars is a decent turnout however, I've counted over 300 cars one time I went.. Even though Houston is a big city, I'll catch up with you and Joe sooner or later.
-Joey-
I can handle it, I worry more about the car. I think I need to get electric fans because my clutch fan is on it's last leg. I can tell it's not working well...every time we stop in traffic the temp starts climbing until we move again. We'll see...I have set the car up for the V/A kit, just need the $1150 to get it

I've seen more cars there as well...but for someone that isn't from Houston, 150 cars is still a big show. The point I'm trying to drive home is that normally there are 300 cars there, and it's a drive in show...not even judged! lol!

Some very cool cars in those pics. Thanks Steve. Really hard to say which of the non olds I like better - they all had a lot of work put into them.
I think my favorite is, and I hate to say it, the Mustang at the end with the side exit exhaust pipes. It looked pretty mean in person.
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM

Cool pics, thanks for posting! In an alternate universe I'm a Mopar guy, so I kind of like the Challenger and the Belvedere.