Fabricators for Fifties

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM

Fabricators for Fifties

I Just Bought a 55 Olds 88 or 98 with no title and no left front fender, What is there is Straight . The floor and trunk are badly rusted but nothing visiblely wrong with the rockers. There a lot of parts to buy if I go original so my intent right now is to buy a Cadillac to use the interior, dash, frame, floorpan and drivetrain to mount the body to. I've located sevral 2000 and up Cadies with front wheel drive. Another option is the S10 4wheel drive frame and floorpan ect. with a lowering kit simlar to a 56 chevy setup for autocross. It was Featured in a classic Car Pulication sevral years back stating it had times as fast as the Art Morrison 55 GT with less power due to the four wheel drives traction. Does this site have fabricators doing anything along this line ?
Old October 9th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Past Administrator

I moved your post to it's own thread, you might get some responses that way and welcome to our site. If you plan on that much work why not just repair what you have? It's not like you are going to try and RESTORE it so you don't have to worry about costs. Just a thought.
Old October 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM

Something Different

I have set bodies on floorpans and frames before but I had seen which Caprice to put under 57 chevy 4 door. It wasn't as hard as what some People do just modifing an old frame . thanks for the help .