Opinions needed on 72 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Same pictures, only less of them. Is the phone number different from the one you used to contact him in the first place?? If it's the same you know the guys just a scammer.
Same pictures, different phone number. Classic buy and flip. If he paid $5,000 like the seller told me, he still stands to to do pretty well. Even if someone beats him down $500.00.

Shame that the car didn't go to "one of us".
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Blackpage
Same pictures, different phone number. Classic buy and flip. If he paid $5,000 like the seller told me, he still stands to to do pretty well. Even if someone beats him down $500.00.

Shame that the car didn't go to "one of us".

I'm all for the buy and flip. Back when I had more time in my life I flipped 1 or 2 a month. That being said if that is what this is you talk about lazy. I at least took my own pictures after I got a car.
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Registered Luser

Not the same guy!

The guy now selling this is not the same guy! Ask me how I know!!! It is now on e-bay, being sold out of Merrick....this guy buys oldsmobile's and flips them. Like Richard said, nothing wrong with that....my issue with him is a few years ago, I had a '63 Fiesta 88 Wagon in excellent shape with 42,000 orig miles. After a few years of ownership, I had no indoor storage for it, the paint was starting to fail, so I made the decision to sell it, against my wife's wishes, believe it or not! I posted it here and on craigslist, and two days later, he showed up. He practically cried to me that this is the car he's been looking for, already had a body shop lined up to paint it and couldn't wait to take it to car shows so that he could bring his cooler, drink, and sleep in the back! He made me feel so bad, that I HAD to sell it to him. It would be going to a great home. He at the last second, even got me to knock off even more money from the price because he wanted to put dual exhaust on it and wouldn't have any money left after buying it! Needless to say, it was on e-bay 2 days later for double what I sold it to him for.....
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So the moral of the story is?????
Old February 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Registered Luser

So the moral of the story is?????
Have at least a four car garage!
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by ent72olds
Have at least a four car garage!
Erik - that is a crazy story and thanks for letting us know his kind of thing goes on (especially local to us). Don't mean to hijack the thread, but sadly I have decided to list my car on ebay as well.

I didn't realize ebay has such a bad rep though and if someone here is interested in it, please let me know via PM since a buyer from here is best.

I hope to buy another Olds down the line though cause I am definitely addicted now. Thanks to all in this community that taught me so much!!

Bill
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
I have decided to sell it on ebay
Bill, did you put it in the 'Cars for Sale' section of the site?

EDIT: Wow the link sure changed when I posted this so I removed it.
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Bill, did you put it in the 'Cars for Sale' section of the site?

EDIT: Wow the link sure changed when I posted this so I removed it.
No I haven't Allan, will do so now. Less than a day left and I am still torn about selling it...

Thanks
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:01 PM
pimp ghetto sled lover

dont sweat it brother. a few things i have learned is if they are not willing to give you first crack after a good conversation, they might not be a true car guy. another is to be patient as i have bought three of the same car rushing and thinking the first two would do ,till i found a better one and have two parts cars and way less cash. each time i thought i would not find another.. as far as options go, hold out for the ones you want as you may spend a little more now, but will probably more in the long run adding them. ( ac and power windows more so than others) and most important in my book, if you have access to a lift and a competent body man you will save yourself from getting burned. i work for a shop, but still had to learn the hard way on the last few cars as i did not insist on seeing them on a lift. it would have changed my mind on the purchase. the cutlass looked decent enough to be a nice driver with a little tlc. hope you find the right one!
Old February 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by djcrook73
if they are not willing to give you first crack after a good conversation, they might not be a true car guy.
I used to believe the same but after being burned so many times from no shows even after long conversations from people that sounded legit. I won't hold anything for anyone any more without a non refundable deposit. Gone are the days of a man's word is a bond.