brand new owner of '96 88 LS, i have some questions

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2022, 05:34 PM

brand new owner of '96 88 LS, i have some questions

so just brought her home and im really liking how she drives, i did have a few questions im hoping you guys can help out with

1. how exactly do you turn on the headlights, couldnt really figure it out

2. i think this cars speedometer is off, it says i was going 90 on the highway and it really didnt feel like i was. i could maybe look on google maps and it should tell me to verify, but is tht a simple enough fix?

3. it seemed like this car was having a bit of difficulty going up hills, i was on overdrive at the time. is that normal or should i go into first or second when its an incline

4. the 'low fuel' light would go on and turn off on its own when i first went to test drive, i put in a little over a gallon and it still seemed to do it. after i bought i put in nearlry a full tank and the light went off. is that fairly normal or is that a sign of the fuel guage starting to go bad? typicall if you put in a gallon or more with othr cars the light goes way for sure

5. this car didnt have the engine cover, is that just for cosmetic purposes or is that needed for performance

theres a check engine light but my tool couldnt connect so i definately am curious what the codes are, thanks in advnce guys

Last edited by bigmantinycar; October 13th, 2022 at 05:51 PM.
Old October 14th, 2022, 04:03 AM

Many of your questions will be covered in the Owners manual. All will be covered by a service manual, which you should have if you plan to work on car at all. Welcome to CO!
Old October 14th, 2022, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Many of your questions will be covered in the Owners manual. All will be covered by a service manual, which you should have if you plan to work on car at all. Welcome to CO!
this particular car did not come with a manual but i was able to find one online. im sure ill get more info once im able to pull codes for the CEL