Help: 1969 2DR Delta88 - source for window felt and quater window leading edge

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2021, 05:18 AM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

Question Help: 1969 2DR Delta88 - source for window felt and quater window leading edge

Hello guys,

does anybody has a source where I can order window felt kits (window beltline weatherstrip) and the quater window leading edges weatherstrip for my 1969 Delta 88 2DR Holiday?

Any advice welcome - Thanks in advance !

Michael

Last edited by snail; December 12th, 2021 at 05:26 AM.
Old December 12th, 2021, 06:49 AM
Old(s) Fart

Steele Rubber sells the rubber seal strip at the front of the rear quarter glass. They unfortunately only sell the beltline weatherstrip by the foot. You'll need to cut to length and fabricate mounting provisions. This car isn't popular enough to justify the financial investment for model-specific parts.

https://www.steelerubber.com/search?...2-door-hardtop
Old December 12th, 2021, 07:53 AM
Oldsdruid

I can't swear to it, but I think the Delta coupe uses the same quarter glass and weatherstripping as the Pontiac and Buick full-size coupes. Check with Pontiac vendor Ames Performance Engineering. If they don't have it, as Joe points out you'll have to make your own sweeps from bulk weatherstripping material. Had to do that on my 76 Ninety Eight.
Old December 12th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by rocketraider
I can't swear to it, but I think the Delta coupe uses the same quarter glass and weatherstripping as the Pontiac and Buick full-size coupes.
I wasn't sure, but in comparing photos I believe you are correct, Glenn. Ames does list the full eight piece inner and outer beltline weatherstrip set for both Catalina and Bonneville. Why the P/Ns are different for those two is unclear. This is a Catalina in the photo below. Ames does point out that this weatherstrip is not an exact duplicate of OEM.

Old December 12th, 2021, 09:15 AM
69 Delta Custom Holiday

Hey Joe, hey Rocketraider,

thank you for yor advices !

As far as the parts have to be oversea shipped, I think the 3 or 5 foot long universal material is not really suitable for (not too expensive) shipping.
I will check with Ames performance whether the have something suitable or whether Bonneville/Catalina or Electra/LeSabre (that also look very similar) parts would also fit my Olds.
Old December 12th, 2021, 09:17 AM
Oldsdruid

"Fit and function are acceptable." Heard Steve Ames say that many times.

Difference in Catalina and Bonneville may be window beltline bright trim. If OP's car has wide trim he needs to look at Bonneville; just the narrow chrome beaded trim, Catalina.

69-70 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe may also use this quarter window and seals. Impala Custom Coupe and Caprice coupe are completely different.

Last edited by rocketraider; December 12th, 2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old December 12th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by snail
As far as the parts have to be oversea shipped, I think the 3 or 5 foot long universal material is not really suitable for (not too expensive) shipping.
The "correct" pieces will be just as long and have the same shipping issue.