Old man's car!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Rocketeer Jr.

Originally Posted by keith6989
It burned?!?!?! Well that sort of ruins the movie for an olds or car enthusiast! I hate movies for this reason, like in christine, I almost put the remote through the tv when it was squashed.... not cool

How did it burn?

It burned.

But it worked out ok in the end, I dont want to ruin it for ya.

Jeff +4
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Talking Yeah

Olds for ever
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Occupant Ilied Industries

My first car was a 1975 4-door Cutlass. Bought for $100 when the local tire shop mechanic experience severe fail with a garden hose and a can of Block Seal. Drove it for quite some time after doing it right. Sold for $250 to finance the purchase of a computer for high school. I'll keep this '79 Delta 88 of mine as long as possible. 4000lbs + 200+lbs torque + 135hp + 15-20mpg + 6-passenger seating = best formula ever.

I just wish I could find more of these older cars in yards to pick parts from. Green interiors are the hardest to find stuff for.
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM

I learned that no matter what year, make or model someone drives, there is ALWAYS someone faster. Besides, I don't like going to fast, people need to see my boat.
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by dar83501
I hIave a pair of glasspacks for the Cutlass...I wonder if it will scare the ricers off, kinda like mosquito repellent...455 with headers to glasspacks to straight pipe is going to sound so brutal.
IDK probably. I had a bunch of punks in a Honda with a fart can laughing uncontrolablly at my Delta at a red light in the fall.

I don't know why they weren't laughing at the next red light I really don't think it had anything to do with the tire track left across the entire intersection and then some with a big cloud of smoke and a little bit of sideways action.

I did roll the window down and ask them why they ain't laughing now

Gawd, import days at E-town might be easy days, but dealing with all thier crap, and oil downs every other car sucks too. One kid couldn't understand why he blew the rod out the back of his block in the Evo. I asked him what he was revving, I forget what he said, but I asked him what red-line was on it and he asked "What's that?"
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:37 AM

I posted this on youtube a year or so ago.
This is with a very stock '67 425...

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X4UvOXvMy4

Now, let me say this...
There are some small car enthusiasts out there who feel the same way about
there cars as we do...BUT, it's this attitude that every civic, integra, Z, etc.
on the street is actually a race car. The amount of fart can equipped kids
on the road is staggering...and every single one winds up next to me at a light.
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
dar83501

My Impala can stomp most of the rice around here...I have an air intake coming and that will be the only performance mod on the thing =)

Old February 27th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Street racing is bad due to danger, but you know he/she's going home and telling his/her buddies "Yo, I beat this Old 442 today"

It's never the car's fault, it's the owner's fault. I'll post a video from another web site later about this very topic
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Don't bother with them.
Just throw the rest of your milkshake on their hood and flash the .44 under the driver's seat.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
dar83501

I don't allow Milkshakes in the Cutlass, and it's a .45... I can't afford a .44 mag =)

We have ricers and crotch rocket junkies that fool around behind the Shopko parking lot where i work late at night...when my car is done, I'm gonna throw a junk pair of tires on, take the Cutlass to work some night when me and my Shopko buddies all close, we're gonna pile into it in our uniforms, swing around back, and i'm just gonna absolutely melt those tires off back there and smoke them all out, since the cops refuse to do anything about them....I've seen them do burnouts with bleach, ought to be hilarious.

"Dude, isn't that like some Grandpa car? yeah dude...he cheated or something, that thing's supposed to be slow!"

Old February 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I suppose you could put windshield washer reservoirs and pumps in the back wheel wells for maximum bleachification. Get some of those old "step on" bag kinds and you get +2 sweetness points.

Also, Milkshakes are allowed in ALL Oldsmobiles. It's like an unwritten law.
Any classic car that has milkshake restrictions might as well be in the demo derby IMO.

I don't mind ricer kids, the ones by me are usually pretty cool.
but if someone comes right out of the gate as an ignorant ***, It then becomes my duty to show them a thing or 2. Being a worthless moron is easy, and any normal intelligent person can easily beat them at their own game.

Funny story, no joke:
Some kids honked at driver Johnny and I in the work truck, and were mooning us at a stoplight. After we laughed (because moonings are pretty much always funny) Johnny flicked his cigarette out the window and got him right in the crack of his ***!!!!!!! Of course then it was our turn to point and laugh.

Last edited by J-(Chicago); February 27th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
dar83501

haha...bleach burnouts entertain me to no end. good story with the cigarette by the way. I've been mooned by buddies in traffic before, it's funny.

One time I mooned my buddy Cody who was in his BMW, so he of course pulled up right behind me and revved the engine...i sat on his hood to be a smartass, so he dumped the clutch and slammed on the brakes and launched my *** off his hood at like ten miles an hour...I was pissed, but it was still hilarious.

Old February 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
dar83501

There are some basic rules for the Cutlass.

1.) Go to the bathroom before we leave.

2.) Don't complain about there not being any "Oh SHIIIIIT!" handles to hold on to.

3.) No, you can't drive it.

4.) You are required to give the finger to anyone that attempts to pass the Cutlass.

5.) You must be prepared to shoot back after giving the finger.

6.) No food or drink allowed in the Cutlass, not even if it's in a sippy cup.

7.) If you touch my radio you will tuck duck and roll.

8.) You still can't drive it.

9.) If you want to cruise around with me all the time...you gotta help pay for the 94 Oct and a bottle of booster

And once I get her painted, there will be a no leaning rule. Yes, I can lean on the car, because I look cool and it's my car. Yes, my girlfriend can lean on the car because it makes me look even cooler. No, you can't lean on the car. You sratch the paint I'll break your arms such that you won't be able to scratch an itch in the hospital!

Old February 27th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I had to make some edits for the Gray Delta rules.

Trucker bombs!!!!!!
2.) Don't complain about there not being any "Oh SHIIIIIT!" handles to hold on to.
No headliner.... the Oh **** grasp will cut your hand open

I'm tired/hammered.....you drive.

4.) You are required to give the finger to anyone that attempts to pass the Cutlass.
In the city, this would be HILARIOUS. Every time traffic moves an inch, you gotta flip someone off

They shot first?

Empty cups go on the passenger floor.

I have no radio, because the radio sucks. Cd's/Mp3s are eligible for a quick review, but will most likely be rejected.

You've still got 7 hours left till Florida, I'm going back to sleep.

9.) If you want to cruise around with me all the time...you gotta help pay for the 94 Oct and a bottle of booster
NO FAT CHICKS!! 4 riders max, the guy drinking the beer in the trunk must do the secret knock before I will let them out for a number one.

And once I get her painted, there will be a no leaning rule. Yes, I can lean on the car, because I look cool and it's my car. Yes, my girlfriend can lean on the car because it makes me look even cooler. No, you can't lean on the car. You scratch the paint I'll break your arms such that you won't be able to scratch an itch in the hospital!
If you like dirt all over your backside, lean away.
Old February 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
dar83501

hey J, I have a Delta also...these rules are perfectly acceptable for Delta driving.

Once, me and my buds were partying (absolutely hammered), and I looked at the two I was with and i'm like, "who's sober enough to drive? i'm (expletive) hammered."

My friend Jess was like, oh i'm sober!

I threw my keys across the room, totally missed him, we piled into the Delta..it took him three tries to actually find the ignition (secondhand account), we drove about six blocks to my other buddies' house where we passed out on all his furniture.

The next day, I asked how we got there...Josh goes "you let Jess drive us home, he said he was sober."

Jess's eyes got wide and he goes, "You (expletive) let me DRIVE?! I DON'T EVEN (expletive) REMEMBER driving (expletive)hole!

Good times

Old February 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM

HA HA HA enjoy this

http://http://video.google.com/video...arch&plindex=1
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM

here's a bumper sticker I intend to produce for real steel cars over here ...

What are you laughing at ?
YOU'RE MY CRUMPLE ZONE !

If you want one let me know !
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Cool Oldsmobile S-T-Y-L-E

I gotta ressurect this thread...

Truth is the little zippy mobiles can be quick. You see em everyday with their primered fenders, 12' tall spoilers, coffee can mufflers, cheap black rims, and stripped down/gutted out interiors. Yes...they can take off quick from stop lights and impress the heck out out of their acne faced friends with the fart power buzzing from the tail pipe...but there is one MAJOR thing that those little guys lack...
S-T-Y-L-E
I have a fast Cutlass that I drive slow cause I'm stylin when I drive. If i had a car that looked like crap, I'd drive fast too so no one could see me.

My car looks good, sounds good, feels good, and when I put my foot on the pedal, it doesn't F%$^ around.

Style Vs. Speed: Steps for dealing with buzzers at a stoplight
If a buzzer tries to provoke you to race at a stoplight use the following steps

1.) Look over at their car
2.) Open your cutouts on the exhaust (if you have them)
3.) Rev your engine up and nod your head 'yes' like you're ready to race
4.) Once the light turns green...let them speed away as fast as they can
5.) Put your car in 1st gear and creep out nice and slow with S-T-Y-L-E
6.) Meet up with them again at the next stop light and repeat steps 1-5

Eventually they will either stop being stupid or you will have the joy of watching them receive a wreckless driving ticket and losing their license (depending on the state you live in)

Survival of the fittest...Oldsmobile style.
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Coltonis
Dude sorry I gotta call you on this one, Did you really buy it, honestly? What, are you slingin' dope when your 12!? Or did daddy buy it?
PS I'm not saying there is anything wrong with daddy buying you a car, Hell I wish mine had bought me one. Growing up in Scottsdale not filthy rich like the rest of the city has given me a bit of a bias when kids say "I bought" instead of "My mom and dad bought" thats all.
I wish daddy bought me a car too. I saved up my money, $500, and bought it. He didn't even want me getting a car yet. "Were are you going to put it" was the big one, but I finally convinved him to let me buy a car with my $. BTW, I don't sling dope, I sling bike parts. (Legally...) I find junk bikes, buy em cheap or garbage pick them, part em or build em and sell it off.

I ain't close to rich. As so many think, just cause I've got a nice car don't mean I have $. As a matter of fact, when you're looking at my nice car, you're looking at all my $.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:50 PM

OLDS64..VERY RIGHT

OLDS64, YOU MUST BE BETWEEN 54-58. RIGHT?
GREAT MOVIES... THE BEST CAR MOVIES OF ALL TIME..
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES...OR FLASH BACKS...HA
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:51 AM

HAHA! I love it! -- I swear to god I'm gonna get those etched into a plaque and mount it on my dash!
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by marcar1993
I saved up my money, $500, and bought it.
Now, that I can respect.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:10 AM

W .W. And the Dixie Dance Kings can be viewed. on You Tube. The olds is said to be owned by someone in Kansas. Larry
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:54 AM

I believe auto enthusiasts regardless of interest need to band together as we make up a small percentage of automobile owners in the world. I may have you same taste in things automotive but we need to stick together because the majority of the public are actually against the auto hobby.

Henry
Old January 10th, 2014, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie67Delta88Custom
What are you laughing at ?
YOU'RE MY CRUMPLE ZONE !

If you want one let me know !

That's my standard answer when anyone asks me about safety. As for rice burners .... I have one standard answer for them too .... One foot on the brake, one flat on the gas and let that long *** front end torque over. When they see the frame trying to pretzel up ... they get real quiet real quick.

Something we need to understand tho .... those punk kids and their rice burners ... they were us not so long ago. They're just doing what they can with what they've been given. They don't get respect from us, so they turn to who does offer them respect ....TV. We didn't grow up with the EPA monster like they have ... we knew something earlier, more primal. We didn't grow up with computers micromanaging every aspect of the car ... we filed points, gapped plugs and even played with vacuum hose diameters .. they flash a chip. We also didn't grow up with $4 a gallon for regular. If we're not the ones to go out and bring those children in from the cold ... we can't fairly complain when they burn rice to get that warm feeling.
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by American Lead
Okay, I don't know if i'm posting this in the right question, But the the new people today that think they is all cool driving in there buzzing honda thing, and when oldsmobile comes up in topic everyone thinks slow big grandpa's sedan? It really bothers me how they think they are all cool in ther buzzing lawn-mower type sounding car... Where did this thought come from? oldsmobile never catered to sedans or anything, so why the misconception other than the name minus the smobile.

We just got the trans am running in the summer and within 5 minutes on the road a tiny little japaneese car wanted to race, I had half the mind to stomp on it and show him what was under the hood. The new car people on the road really bother me lately.

Rant over
Here's a question: What do you care?

There's stupid people of all persuasions. Kill them with kindness and educate them. And they should do the same for you.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Senior Moment Member

I am Dad. This is my kids "Father's Oldsmobile". Drooling is permitted in the car next to me at the stoplight!

Last edited by z11375ss; January 11th, 2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:35 AM

Wow. This was an old thread. For a moment I thought '88 coupe' was back.
In any case, I'm pretty sure any young kid into ricers would want an Olds if I took them for a ride in mine.
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM

What all owners of Classic cars need to remember is when we park next to a new Mercedes, Lexus, or Rice Burner; those cars disappear! Passers by will not even notice the new cars. Their attention will be on you. This is the difference between advertising and life. If the those who seek attention were mature, they would know new car advertising was BS, and the real attention getter is a well restored Classic.

We trailered my most recent Olds 55 from Arizona to Missouri. At every eatery, filling station, and motel parking lot, the trailered Olds drew attention of people of all ages. Some knew what it was, some asked if it was a Pontiac; but all admired it. It doesn't have flashy wheels, a big decal saying OLDS in the rear window, flames, or fancy lettering. Just a classic 50's car on a trailer. If you want something really special, buy and old car, make it everyday drivable, and drive the wheels off it. Driving an old classic is MUCH more fun than having a cell phone, and you can restore one easily for $200 a month.

If you are a smoker with a cell phone; quit them both and with the money you save, you can drive a classic AND go to Europe once a year. Just saying.

Last edited by kirkwoodken; February 15th, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:45 AM

I'm glad I read this thread! Sometimes I wondered that at 40 if I was the youngest person on this forum. So, maybe were all guilty of having a little prejudice. I love cruise nights in the summer, to be out bench racing and talking about projects and what new cars are out. And I like being out in traffic next to the fluorescent painted hummer with 87" spinning wheels and a sound system that violates everything in me when my olds takes any and all attention away from that inconsiderate you-know-what.
Old February 15th, 2014, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Wow Robert, I thought I was a nerd for having a record player, but you have a Beta machine. That is ultimately nerdy. LoL
MSU Salvage currently has a TON of BETA tapes on hand
I thought it was funny and took a photo of it.
Can share if need be.
Old February 15th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Lansing built

The only thing that I can't stand is those damn thumping bass monsters that rattle the windows in my house! The 4 cyl. so called performance machines I will embrace, I am just not to keen on the foreign cars myself!

Here in Lansing everybody knows what you got with a rocket logo on the outside, except for 20 and under crowd who did not have the privilege of seeing the plants building the cars that we so endear.

Pat
Old February 15th, 2014, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by American Lead
"17, i guess i was just born in the wrong generation...
Sorry to say, you certainly were. But, then again, my grandpa probably thought my dad was, also