Well, I am the new owner of.....

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM

Wow, Sharp car !!! I'd love to have it. Also not fond of white, but being by code, white is original, I'd go ahead and leave it white. JMO even though you didn't ask for it. LOL
$5K is a great price too. I think it is a GOOD deal. Was you expecting them to throw in couple oil changes to call it a good deal??? LMAO. And that should be the good 425 too with the common lifter bore and the 39 degree cam bank angle. Will still be the early bolt pattern on the flywheel of course, but worth it all day long for the forged crank. How about the trans? Should be a Variable Pitch Th400 I do believe, but not 100% certain. You did great on that buy. Congrats.

BTW, Someone asked if it was Cali emissions since it was originally from Cali. I'm not so sure Cali emissions existed yet in a 67. I think they were being discussed as early as 65 or 66 but didn't yet get on board in 67. There could have been NOX device that would have been a retrofit is all that I know of, and it just entailed of a Vacuum Temp Switch installed inline with the upper radiator hose that would disable vac advance until the motor reached 140-160 degrees IIRC. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% certain about that.
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Well I can tell you 100% that the center emblem cap for 72 and 83 is bolted in place by 4 little bolts (1/4" socket I think) I took my 83 covers apart a couple times to clean and polish them. Not really hard to do.

I have a set of NOS 72 14: wire wheel covers. If you want a pic of the backside for a reference, I can get one for you. I'm not sure how the 66 covers are built, but I can't see them changing a lot over the years.

I don't need to see that Allan. I gave Erik the idea to check the caps for something that could be tighten up to fix his squeak. He'll do it when he gets to it. It sounds like that dropped a notch on his priory list tonight. In the meantime we don't need to highjack his thread anymore to discuss hubcaps.
Old June 19th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Registered Luser

Originally Posted by Allan R
Erik, sorry to hear about the bad run of luck. I remember talking with one of our members a couple years back who can make reproduction harnesses. His name is Eightupman (PM is https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...o=newpm&u=2453) I believe he was in the air force as an electrical engineer or something. Maybe you could give him a shout.

Were you looking at keeping the harness styles OEM or were you going with something like the generic EZwire stuff?
Allan, I would like to keep it OEM...pretty much plug and play! Thing is, the brakes will be easy...the wiring is the biggest issue, especially the lights. I can't get it inspected until I fix these items, and that means no driving it!
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM

Still waiting for more pictures I'm thinking your air cleaner looks like this, correct?

P1010065.jpg
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:55 PM
Registered Luser

Yes John, that's it! I wanted to do a little more detailing as it has been sitting idle for a couple years....then I'll take several!