WOO-HOO Got it working right!!

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2006, 09:27 PM

WOO-HOO Got it working right!!

After about a year I finally got the wipers working right. Took a trip to the junk yard to get a used wiper motor pig tail.

I put a new wiper motor in a while back, the old one was shot and this one a few weeks ago started blowing fuses. A guy at work (ex Olds mech) told me to try the pigtail first.

Plus I also have a fully working Autometer water gauge. I was at my mech today and he said I could screw the sender into the hole on the top of the heater control valve. It's a perfect fit and when I started the car the gauge shot right up to 195* which is operating temp

Now if I get that wacky heater core to work I'm set. From the water pump to the core do I hook the hose up to the small port or the big one? I've been hooking it up to the big port and the small port to the control valve. I found out today that the 2.5 hour heater core job I did, wasn't neccessary since the old core works fine but I didn't screw it up so I guess it's OK.

Everytime I hook up the core, anti-freeze pours out the heater core area of the car. Maybe I switched the hoses wrong