The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Another new member-72 Cutlass S

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Rus

Another new member-72 Cutlass S

Hi! I've got a 72 Cutlass S that I've had since I was 16 and really put through the wringer. I got rear-ended pretty good back in 93 and now I'm finally going to do something about the damage. Here's a couple of pics:

And just yesterday I bought a 72 parts car, mainly for the rear clip and new rear bumper. Here's what it looks like:

I'm going to start stripping it down pretty soon, it's sitting in my driveway making my wife madder by the minute.

On the personal front, I'm 37 and married with three kiddos. I work in a hospital lab in Oklahoma City. I play guitar sometimes, read a lot, and wish I had a whole lot more money to work on this dang car of mine.

Howdy!
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Check the parts on ebay you may be able to recoup some of the funds spent on the parts car have your wife help you take photo's and list them. Also the folks here all need parts from time to time.
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Rus

Those are a couple of great ideas. There's bound to be some good stuff left over after I'm done, for sure.

And thank you also for being the one person on this board that has responded to something that I had to say. All this attention is just bound to give me a big head.
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:49 PM

Welcome Rus! I don't get on here much during the summer, but Fall through Spring I am pretty regularly here.

You've got a great looking project there, and the parts cdar looks pretty decent. I'm in process of bringing mi 71 back to driving condition after being parked since 97. it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

Definitely don't be shy about posting your unused parts on the parts section here. I have bought a number of pieces for mine here, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I look forward to seeing your progress!
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:58 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. You are starting to do something very commendable; saving another Cutlass. I am no body man and replacing a rear clip, especially on a fastback seems very challenging, I don't think I would try it. Good luck.