1968 Ninety Eight for sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:19 PM

1968 Ninety Eight for sale!!!

I have a 1968 ninety eight that i have for sale in oklahoma. It is minus the engine, but other wise this car is in great shape with only 103k actuall miles on the car. I would be the 4th owner but i never drove it. I actually needed the engine for another project i was working on. This is a 4 door car that had been kept very well. The paint is very oxydized but that is all i can tell. Even the rear defrost works!!! If anyone is interested email me for pictures or information! Will let go REALLY cheap if you have trailor and are willing to pick it up! Bret - jbt21479@hotmail.com

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...9/DSC03818.jpg
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM

Did you ever sell

I have a 1962 98 much like yours did you ever sell yours? What did you get for it? How did your buyer find you?
Old January 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Do you happen to know what the part numbers are for the grilles on your car? They look similar to grilles for a '72 Cutlass. I have a set that do not fit my Cutlass, and I saw a pair on E-bay that were originally advertised for a Cutlass but the numbers were wrong. The ad was revised for fitting a '68 ninety-eight. I'm trying to determine what grilles I have so I can sell them.
Thanks Chumley
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chumley
Do you happen to know what the part numbers are for the grilles on your car? They look similar to grilles for a '72 Cutlass. I have a set that do not fit my Cutlass, and I saw a pair on E-bay that were originally advertised for a Cutlass but the numbers were wrong. The ad was revised for fitting a '68 ninety-eight. I'm trying to determine what grilles I have so I can sell them.
Thanks Chumley

WOW they do look the same...maybe that is the problem you are having....I found a pic in an old Chiltons book and the 1971 98 looks to be the closest. I don't have any part numbers for ya though...sorry.

John
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by muttmeg
I have a 1962 98 much like yours did you ever sell yours? What did you get for it? How did your buyer find you?
I actually have not fully sold the car. I have a man who has sent me partial payment for it but am still waiting to complete the sale. All I asked for the car was 500 OBO. And I was wide open to negotiations! The only thing I did was posted the car on the forum here and a few other forums that I am part of. I tried ebay but struck out with two deadbeat bidders. So that was a waste of $60 !!! If your not looking for a quick sale then I would suggest this forum. I have had several inquireries from here!
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Chumley
Thanks Chumley
I dont know enough to tell ya without going to look at the car. Next time I am out there Ill check it out, but not sure when Ill be back out there. Hopefully not to late for you by then. Sorry!