'67 98 front bumper

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM

'67 98 front bumper

Anyone have chrome bumper end piece ( passenger side) for my '67 ? See the small dent ?....yeah, it bothers me !
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Sorry, pic won't load
Old October 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM

see above

!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
9814.jpg (83.5 KB, 18 views)
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Why not just take it off and have it repaired at the chromer? They offer that service as part of the replate. Probably less expensive than trying to find a new one. BTW, your car looks awesome!
That interior work is killer

And I also like your 75 Delta! Is it really a 39K car?? Gorgeous land yacht

You should think about consolidating your 2 threads.
Old October 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM

Thanks, Allan. To tell the truth I've never had chrome work done and have heard so many horror stories about the cost, the quality of work and time/dependability of rechroming/repair that I thought it might be easier and less expensive to just replace it if a part was available. Do you have suggestions of someone you trust that does this work ?
Old October 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by fmbjogger
...I've never had chrome work done and have heard so many horror stories about the cost, the quality of work and time/dependability of rechroming/repair that I thought it might be easier and less expensive to just replace it if a part was available. Do you have suggestions of someone you trust that does this work ?
Well, one thing. I'm not going to tell lie to you that chroming is cheap. But there are ways to keep the cost down. Don't have your bumper part done as a separate batch. Do this in the winter when your car is down for the season. That way the chrome shop can put the piece in with a larger order instead of doing a small individual one. Let them know this in advance. Good shops will reduce your cost a fair bit if they can tag onto an existing order. Kind of like bulk merchandising.

I can't recommend anyone in your area because I'm way up in Canada. Bump this thread occasionally, or better yet ask fellow C.O. members who they recommend in your area ( be willing to extend a few states to get good work and pricing). Most reputable shops will do what you're looking for at a reasonable charge. Check your local car clubs for recommendations or advertisers in their newletters. Check your local yellow pages and newspapers. With today's economy most good businesses are glad to get any work. Hope this helps a bit.