BMR Lowering Springs Discussion

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:33 PM

BMR Lowering Springs Discussion

I'm looking at BMR and giving consideration to using their front and rear coil springs. I'm considering the 1" drop versions but have recently been told by someone that lowered a Chevelle 2" that there was a noticeable difference in the ride that was not an improvement.

Does anyone have firsthand experience to share? Other suggestions/recommendations?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...id=43&catid=97

Thanks,

Steven
Old December 4th, 2013, 06:04 AM

Has anybody used BMR springs?
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:15 PM

Give a Call, I'll get all your questions answered 813-986-9302

T.C.
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM

T.C.,

I ended-up a little too late to find you in the office today, but I'll try tomorrow if I'm home early enough.

I'm leaning toward the SP030 kit. I don't want to use a special order type of shock absorber and I am guessing that the 1" drop wouldn't require that I do so.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...productid=1061

I've read about the manufacturing process on your web-site and am thrilled that you're building the products in the USA. Looking at competitors products I don't see any details about manufacturing so I doubt that there's is as thorough.

BMR makes some other products that interest me so I will call and talk to you at my earliest convenience. Thank you, - Steven
Old December 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Justin

Interested as well
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 69ishHoliday
I'm looking at BMR and giving consideration to using their front and rear coil springs. I'm considering the 1" drop versions but have recently been told by someone that lowered a Chevelle 2" that there was a noticeable difference in the ride that was not an improvement.

Does anyone have firsthand experience to share? Other suggestions/recommendations?

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...id=43&catid=97

Thanks,

Steven
Don't let one person's opinion sway you. Lowering springs are by nature going to be a bit stiffer than factory springs. Ride quality is hugely subjective so you may ride in his Chevelle and love it.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Nick
Don't let one person's opinion sway you. Lowering springs are by nature going to be a bit stiffer than factory springs. Ride quality is hugely subjective so you may ride in his Chevelle and love it.
Thanks for reminding me that it is just one person's opinion. I have never seen a spring of any kind remain the same over time. My Cutlass is going to get some other new suspension parts too, but I can't help but feel like the BMR springs will provide betterment to the OEM and at a small cost. - Steven
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:09 PM

I have BMR on the back of mine.. didn't measure it though to be honest.
Stock vs BMR
comparerear_zpse1198d09.jpg
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by NHolds
I have BMR on the back of mine.. didn't measure it though to be honest.
Stock vs BMR
Thanks for sharing the pics. I like the stance. Did you lower the front with drop spindles, cut springs, other springs, 455?
Old January 21st, 2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by T.C.
Give a Call, I'll get all your questions answered 813-986-9302

T.C.

I'm back under a New Name if you need help.

T.C.
Old January 21st, 2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 69ishHoliday
Thanks for sharing the pics. I like the stance. Did you lower the front with drop spindles, cut springs, other springs, 455?
Front has QA1 coil-overs, tubular upper and lower control arms.
Old January 21st, 2014, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by carr911
I'm back under a New Name if you need help.

T.C.
I picked up a set of almost new front BMR lowering springs ( -1" ) for my car as well as a kind of generic set of lower and upper rear trailing arms. I need a rear sway bar and was hoping that there would be a nice sale over the holiday's but didn't see one. I haven't installed the parts I've got yet and want to do it all at once. Thanks again for your help on the phone, I'll pull the trigger on the BMR rear sway bar just before I have the installation started. I'm held up waiting for my restored 3.23 posi rear end to be completed. - Steven
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:24 AM

Steven, we had a Christmas thru New Years Sale where we had a healthy Discount & Free Shipping. We normally only have 2 Sales a Year (Thanksgiving & Christmas). I'm trying to get the Boss to have a Christmas in July or August Back to School Sale.

T.C.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:48 AM
"Trying to fix her right"

Steven, we had a Christmas thru New Years Sale where we had a healthy Discount & Free Shipping. We normally only have 2 Sales a Year (Thanksgiving & Christmas). I'm trying to get the Boss to have a Christmas in July or August Back to School Sale.

T.C.

Do you guys have a level 2 handling performance package that's at stock ride height?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by dfire25
Do you guys have a level 2 handling performance package that's at stock ride height?
We don't carry any Stock Height Springs, just 1 & 2" drop. I do sell Viking Coil-Over Shocks that you could achieve the Stock Ride Height.

T.C.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 02:24 PM

T.C.
Independence Day might work for me. I don't know how I missed the healthy sale before New Years. I've had some darn good luck on this site turning up and buying things that others purchased and then never got around to installing on their car. Somebody let me know if you have a good sway bar lying around that you want to turn into money!