My 1983 Master Oldsmobile hearse rebuild

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2020, 04:59 PM

My 1983 Master Oldsmobile hearse rebuild

Well It might be a bit before I can work on this due working on my new house. But I figured I would start a rebuild thread now to show what I have. It is a 1983 Master Oldsmobile hearse. Master built just 2 of these and then went out of business. Strangely both survive. This one almost didn't. It was posted on a demo derby FB group. So glad I saved it. Pretty worse for wear but not terrible. Biggest problem is they cut the rear door hinges. So they will have to be completely remade. Engine is also toast. I was told it had a knock but when I tried to start it to get it on the trailer I am pretty sure it threw a rod right out of the block considering all the oil that came pouring out. My plan is to take a 350 Olds engine and dress it up to look like a 307. I have driven 307 hearses before and really don't want to do it again. I have a stroker crank but doubt that will make in in the rebuild. Just not needed. This will be a show car given it's rarity. Plus my other showcar is my hotrod( 1996 Federal Hearse) .The interior in the back is strangely good considering the guy seemed to haul logs with it. The front interior will take some work. But not bad. It also needs a header panel and grill. Plus a passenger fender unless I can fix it. I have been after one of these cars for years and didn't know this one existed. So to get my hands on it is great. I am a very happy boy. And I get to have an Oldsmobile again.

Old December 1st, 2023, 02:04 PM

So. How are you coming along with it?
Old December 1st, 2023, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by 72skytop
So. How are you coming along with it?
Just bought a parts car to start moving things along So maybe If I am really lucky it will be back on the road maybe next year